Ten Healthy Lifestyle bloggers that will make your quarantine productive

Sofiia Shutko, Contributor

The global quarantine locked more than 90 percent of the world population in their houses, which caused a wave of stress and frustration around the world. However, a lot of bloggers and media issuers have already started engaging people in different activities such as online studying, crafting, gaming, cooking—anything we can do at home by ourselves or with our families. Thus, as a student-athlete my mission is to provide our college students with the best YouTube vloggers, who can get anyone in shape for the upcoming summer (which we will hopefully spend outdoors). Here are my top ten lifestyle, fitness, meditation, and dieting channels that I personally follow:

1. Emi Wong (1.87 million subscribers) – a fitness guru, certified personal trainer, and nutritionist, who has hundreds of videos on her channel that will help you create a healthy meal plan and build a beautiful body. She regularly posts short workouts for all kinds of muscles, so even if you are extra lazy today, there is an option of “10 Min Total AB Workout in Bed.”

2. Stephanie Buttermore (970,000 subscribers) – a cancer research scientist who loves fitness and was a bodybuilder in the past. She obtained her Ph.D. in pathology and cell biology with a focus on the molecular mechanisms that drive ovarian cancer progression, which made her start crazy food challenges such as eating 10,000 calories in a day. She does those challenges in order to explain the way food we consume affects our skin, hair, organs, bones, and which illnesses it may motivate. Of course, her channel includes workouts as well. This is the most entertaining fitness channel I have ever seen.

3. Love Sweat Fitness (590,000 subscribers) – another healthy lifestyle vlogger, who shares her healthy morning routines, meal plans, diet tips, and daily meditations or workouts. My personal favorite videos are “How I Avoid Overeating During Quarantine” and the “What I Eat in a Day” series, where she engages her audience in a positive attitude to their bodies and food that they consume.

4. Mona Vand, Pharm. D (521,000 subscribers) – a pharmacist who believes in the power of food and natural healing. Her videos include information on vegetarian products and super foods (which of them are useful and which are better to avoid). Moreover, she has a series dedicated to skin and hair care, so this channel is perfect for those who decide to glow up for the summer.

5. Whitney Simmons (1.89 million subscribers) – “Get fit with Whit” is a slogan of her YouTube vlog. She inspires people to become healthier and to create a positive mindset that will let them be active, enjoy food, and improve spiritual aspects of life. She explains ways to achieve fitness goals and shows her daily routines as a health influencer.

6. Katie Betzing (1.33 million subscribers) – is another vlogger whose videos I enjoy watching. She is not exclusively a fitness trainer or a nutritionist, but a sport science student, who takes challenges such as “Trying The Victoria Secret Model Diet & Workouts for a Week” or “Dieting like a kpop idol for a week,” which are the most dangerous diets. She does it to show the results on her body, important to mention—she does not recommend doing any of those. However, it is always interesting to observe someone’s will power and experience in such an activity. Furthermore, she has a lot of healthy recipes and workout routines that would make your body look fit.

7. Yoga With Adriene (7.03 million subscribers) – a perfect channel for yoga and meditation enthusiasts. All levels, body types, and friendly activities are sorted into different folders, such as “Yoga for Beginners” and “Yoga for Weight Loss.” Calm and relieve a tired mind and body. Create space. Tone and trim. Cultivate self-love. Contemplate. Reflect.

8. Sophia Esperanza (275,000 subscribers) – a famous model and healthy lifestyle propagandist, known for her perfect body. She is a vegan and posts new recipes weekly. Moreover, her workouts are made for experienced athletes. Sophia’s channel became well-known due to her “What I Eat in a Day” series which includes three meals and snacks and are supposed to motivate people to follow a healthier lifestyle and cook macro friendly meals on a budget at home—perfect for quarantine!

9. Pamela Reif (2.68 million subscribers) – probably the most well-known fitness influencer in the world, who luckily has a free YouTube vlog, where she shares the most intense workouts for all muscles. She also has videos with high-intensity interval training (HIIT), cardios, dance warm-ups, and stretching sessions. Sometimes she goes live, which creates an opportunity for us to follow the world’s most famous fitness trainer’s training personally.

10. Frank Medrano (1.17 million subscribers) – burns fat and builds muscle. If you watch his videos, you can notice that this man has a minimal amount of fat and a perfect muscle structure. He also has a separate channel (“Strength Project”) where he works mainly with men, creating challenging and very sophisticated workouts. He does not post home workouts often; most of them require gym membership and special equipment. As you can notice from the first glance, he is a fancy kind of trainer, who calls himself “a calisthenics bodyweight expert.” If you like challenging yourself, his method is definitely perfect for you!