Become “F.R.I.E.N.D.S” with Communication Arts!

CA 322 students pose with the “Coffee and Conversations with Communication Arts” banner they designed.

Danielle Harvey and Malik Lucas

Becoming “F.R.I.E.N.D.S” with the communication arts community will be easy this year with STAC’s “Coffee and Conversations with Communication Arts” event, being held by the CA department and CA 322.

If you ever wondered what you can do with a communication arts degree, you can come find out what communication arts has to offer on Tuesday, March 8th, from 1pm to 4pm in the Romano Student Art Center. 

Students who attend the event will be able to connect and network with current CA students, alumni, and faculty. The goal of this event is to promote the communication arts department and to students coming from high school or those with undecided majors. They will learn about CA clubs, exciting new changes in the Communications Department, and the benefits of a major/minor in communication Arts.

Event speakers with successful careers, including STAC alumni who graduated with communications degrees, will be attending to share their experiences and useful tips on becoming successful.

Some of these alumni have gone on to land careers or internships with big companies like HBO Sports, CNBC, Sports Illustrated, Disney, and more. At the event, you can find out how these alumni achieved their success, and how to land a career at one of these amazing companies.

Communication arts classes provide real world experiences, like STAC’s Public Relations Event Planning and Crisis Communications class, held by Professor Elaine Winship.

Students in this class take part in an immersive learning experience where they learn about public relations events, all the while planning and hosting an event of their own. Courses like PR Event Planning and Crisis Communications help students build resumes, gain work experience, and develop marketable skills.

Viktoriia Paulouets, a student in the course who helped plan, create, and execute this event, states, “I’m very excited about the event–it’s such a great opportunity to not just sit in a classroom, but to actually gain real world experience.” 

STAC-provided opportunities like these set real world examples for students to follow and apply themselves to.

Arealyah Paul, another student in STAC’s PR Event Planning class states, “it’s very exciting and intriguing to learn about planning an event, and being able to apply it to the real world. It gives us the opportunity to come together as a class to publicize our communications department and also build up my resume.” 

“Coffee and Conversations with Communication Arts” is open to all who are interested. If you’re looking for guidance on your future ambitions or have any interest in communications, this event will be perfect for you. There will be free coffee and refreshments, raffles, and more!

Information on “Coffee and Conversations with Communication Arts”